Built in 1953, Zizhuyuan Park gets its name from a temple named Fuyin Zizhuyuan (Purple Bamboo Temple in Bliss) during Ming and Qing Dynasties in its northwest, and covers an area of more than 40 hectares, one third of which is water. South Changhe River and Shuangziqu Canal run through it. Consisting of three lakes, two islets ad one dike, it is a landscape garden featuring bamboo, and has been free to visit since July 1, 2006.