[Photo via VCG]
The Beijing Natural Science Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the "BJNSF") has established a pilot project for international scientists with foreign citizenship. The application work for the 2023 international scientists project of BJNSF (hereinafter referred to as the "Project") is now underway, and the relevant matters are notified as follows:
I. Basic Information of the Project
The Project aims to attract global basic research talents, support excellent international scientists with foreign citizenship to independently select topics within the scope of funding from the BJNSF and carry out basic research work or research cooperation in Beijing, and promote sustainable academic collaboration and exchange between Chinese and international scientists. The Project encourages international scientists to jointly apply, and supports the development of interdisciplinary scientific research. In principle, the award amount for the Project should not exceed CNY 200,000/item, and the project execution period is six months to two years. Applications must comply with the 2023 International Scientists Project Application Instructions of BJNSF (see Appendix for details).
II. Application Acceptance of the Project
The Project further simplifies the application content and implements paperless application. Applicant fills in the application form online through the Host Institution Work System of BJNSF (hereinafter referred to as the "HIWS"). The login address of HIWS: https://nsf.kw.beijing.gov.cn/bjnsfweb/. The specific arrangements are as follows:
1. Applicants fill in application form
Applicant can fill in the application form online according to relevant requirements and prompts through the HIWS, and submit the electronic application through the HIWS to the host institution for review before 16:00 on June 28, 2023.
(1) An applicant without a system account can apply to the research management department of the host institution for a system account.
(2) Please carefully read the "Applicant’s Guarantee" section in the application form, communicate with the main members of the project team and cooperating institutions (if any), and ensure that the information of the main members and cooperating institutions of the project team is true, complete, and effective. Additionally, the main members and cooperating institutions of the project team are aware of and agree to participate in the project research. If the application project is funded, the applicant is requested to complete the signing and stamping procedures for the application and assignment within the specified time, and submit the paper application materials and assignment on time.
(3) International scientists, who rely on Major Scientific and Technological Infrastructure, Scientific and Educational Infrastructure, and Interdisciplinary Research Platforms in Beijing to carry out scientific research cooperation, can apply for the Project through the relevant host institution with the consent of the host institution.
2. Review and recommendation by the host institution
The Project further strengthens the functions of the host institution and implements a recommendation and application system for the host institution. The host institution should review the authenticity, completeness, and compliance of the application materials submitted by its applicants in accordance with the requirements of the project application instructions, and submit it online to the Office of BJNSF before 16:00 on June 30, 2023. Host institution should issue a recommendation letter stamped with its official seal.
Reminder: During the review process, the host institution can return projects with problems to the applicant for modification through the HIWS.
3. Submission of recommendation letter and project list by the host institution
The host institution should submit the project list stamped with its official seal through the HIWS, and submit the original paper recommendation letter to the Office of BJNSF, submission time should be before 16:00 on July 5, 2023, the original paper recommendation letter must be submitted to the Office of BJNSF. The Office of BJNSF will conduct project selection and funding work based on the project lists submitted by the host institutions.
III. Contact Information
Contact person: Li Ao
The Office of BJNSF Address: 705, Building B, Jiangong Building, No. 1 Guanglian Road, Xicheng District, Beijing
Email for Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Hours: 9:00-12:00, 14:00-17:30 on weekdays
Office of Beijing Natural Science Foundation Committee