Those foreign tourists coming to China.
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. Applicants for L visa shall provide their travel itineraries, which should give every detail of the applicant's travel in China and all information provided shall be true and correct.
5. Group travelers shall provide verification letter that expressing consent on their visa extension application by the host travel agency in Beijing. The letter should contain relevant information about the arrangements of the group in China and the reason the visa has to be extended.
1. The applicant can apply for an extension of no longer than 30 days. The accumulated length of extension shall not exceed the original duration of stay specified in the visa.
2. The extension for a longer duration of L visa is only valid for this referred entry and does not affect the entry times and period of validity of the original visa.
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview.
2. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and the photocopies submitted.
3. Any application material in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese.
4. Applicant who doesn't nullify China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration.
5. Foreigners under 18 who submit the application for the first time in China shall prepare the Birth Certificate or equivalent document, passports, and permanent resident permit of parents and other relative documents as certification of nationality.
1. Foreigners residing in China who apply for the extension of the duration of stay shall file their applications at least 7 days prior to the expiry of the validity period on their visas.
2. During the period when the applicant's passport or other travel document is under legal custody of the exit-entry authority for the issuance of visa or resident permit, the applicant may, bearing the receipt notice of the application herein, travel and reside legally within the territory of China.
3. The exit and entry administration authority of the public security organ may verify the purpose of application through such means as interview, telephone inquiry, and on-the-spot investigation.
4. Decisions made by the exit-entry administration of public security organ on rejecting applications for extension or reissuance of ordinary visa, or on not issuing foreigners' stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final.
The right to interpret this Instruction shall reside in the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau.