The People's Government of Beijing Municipality
Mayors' Profile Departments Administrative Districts Reports Laws & Policies
Beijing Info
Facts Culture Sister Cities Sci & Tech Videos
Most Requested Investing in Beijing Working in Beijing Studying in Beijing Living in Beijing Travelling in Beijing Consuming in Beijing
Contact Us
FAQs Jingjing Feedback Surveys
News Laws & Policies Photos Activities Specials

Human Resources and Social Security Departments (Bureaus), Foreign Affairs Offices, and Education Departments (Education Commissions) of various provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities directly under the central government:

In order to implement the Opinion on Deepening the Reform on the Talent Development Systems and Mechanisms ([2016] No. 9 released by the General Office of the CPC Central Committee), it is planned to allow some outstanding foreign college graduates without work experience to find employment in China. According to the "Regulations on the Management of the Employmet of Foreigners in China", the relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:

1. Scope of personnel involved

Foreign college graduates include foreign students who have obtained a master's degree or above within one year and graduated from a university in China, and foreign graduates who have obtained a master's degree or above from a well-known overseas university and graduated within one year.

2. Approval conditions

Foreign college graduates are required to meet the following conditions for employment in China:

(1) At least 18 years old, healthy;

(2) No criminal record;

(3) Excellent academic performance, with an average score of not less than 80 points (100-point system, other points system is converted to 100-point system) or B + / B (grading system) or above, no records of bad behaviors during school;

(4) Obtaining the corresponding academic qualification and degree;

(5) There should be a definite employer, and the working positions matches the major that the employee has studied. In principle, the remuneration should not be lower than the average wage of employees in local urban units. The specific standards are determined by the provincial human resources and social security departments in accordance with the actual employment market and the needs for bringing in talent;

(6) Holding a valid passport or other international travel documents that can replace a passport.

3. Handling procedures

Employers employing qualified foreign college graduates should apply to the local human resources and social security department or the foreign expert administrative department, and provide the following materials:

(1) Credential of the intended employee;

(2) Offer of employment (including intention intended payment );

(3) Report on reasons for employment (including proof showing that the local public employment and talent service agency has publicly released recruitment information for domestic workers for 30 days);

(4) Health certificate of intended employee;

(5) Certificate of No Criminal Record of intended employee;

(6) Certificate of the academic degree obtained by intended employee;

(7) No records of bad behaviors (exempt from foreign graduates from overseas colleges) and academic transcripts issued by the school the intended employee attends;

(8) The bareheaded and full-faced photo of intended employee within the last 6 months.

Human resources and social security departments or administrative departments of foreign experts shall conduct examination and approval procedures in accordance with regulations. Foreigner employment permits (or work permits, the same below) and foreigner employment certificates (or work permits, the same below) are issued to eligible foreign students.

Foreign graduates from overseas colleges and universities who meet the requirements are issued foreigner employment permits for foreigners. Foreign graduates of foreign colleges and universities who have obtained a foreigner's employment permit should apply for a Z visa in accordance with regulations and apply for a foreigner's employment permit after entry.

4. Other issues

(1) The validity period of the foreigner's employment certificate is 1 year for the first time. If the employment period of the hired foreign college graduates expires, and the employer intends to continue hiring, it may continue to hire after completing the examination and approval procedures in accordance with the regulations, and the period shall not exceed 5 years. If the personal income tax paid by a foreign college graduate is lower than the tax payable for the intended salary, or the salary the employer intends to pay is lower than the prescribed standard, the employment certificate shall not be extended.

(2) Foreign college graduates are subject to quota management for employment in China. The provincial human resources and social security departments shall propose the number of quota requirements in the province based on the number of foreign college graduates in the province and the employment situation for college graduates in the region, and submit the quota requirements to the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security before December 1 of each year. The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security will conduct a comprehensive study to determine the quotas for the whole country and provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities) in the next year, publicly announce them in an appropriate manner, and copy them to ministries of foreign affairs, education and public security for joint implementation. The quota requirements for 2017 should be submitted by the provincial human resources and social security departments before January 31, 2017.

(3) This notice shall be implemented from the date of issuance.

Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Ministry of Education

January 6, 2017

Click to view the Chinese version.

(All information in this document is authentic in Chinese. English is provided for reference only. In case of any discrepancy, the Chinese version shall prevail.)