Beijing Municipal Administration & Communication Card (Yikatong)
How to Apply
1. Apply for and top up the card at the card-issuing/top-up places authorized by Beijing Municipal Administration & Communications Card Co., Ltd.
2. Pay CNY ¥20 for each card in the application.
How to Use
(I) Public bus/electric bus
1. A discount will be given for taking the vehicle of public bus lines with the card.
2. When taking the vehicle of the lines with the flat fare, swipe the card once to pay for the ticket.
3. For taking the vehicle of any line with segmented pricing, swipe the card once when getting on (for marking) and getting off (for fare payment) the vehicle.
(II) Rail transit
1. The single-way flat fare for taking any vehicle in the whole network of rail transit in Beijing Municipality (including the passenger railway line to Beijing Capital International Airport) shall be subject to the pricing regulations for rail transit with card consumption.
2. The cardholder shall swipe the card one when getting on (for marking) and getting off (for fare payment).
The cardholder shall swipe the card once at the entrance for ticket payment before entering the park.
How to Top-up
(I) Apply for and top up the card at the card-issuing/top-up places authorized by Beijing Municipal Administration & Communications Card Co., Ltd.
(II) Top-up is required after application (no less than RMB20 for the first time, and CNY ¥10 or an integral multiple of CNY ¥10 afterwards). The balance in the card shall not exceed CNY ¥1,000.
(III) The overdraft (if any) in the card shall be paid before top-up.
Beijing Municipal Administration & Communication Card APP
The official APP for Beijing Municipal Administration & Communication Card supports the balance & network query and top-up. The mobile APP can be also used for traffic purposes.
Ruubypay APP can be used for the whole network of rail transit in Beijing Municipality without a top-up or deposit.
How to Register
1. Click “Buy A Ticket” or “Set Account” on the homepage of Ruubypay APP to go to the log-in page;
2. Input an 11-digit mobile phone number on the box “Please enter your mobile phone number” (only support the phone number in mainland China) for registration, and then click “Send the Verification Code” (the code will be sent via SMS);
3. Check the SMS, put the verification code in the box “Please enter the verification code", and then click the “Complete Registration”;
4. Select the methods of payment, e.g. Alipay, JD Pay, and ICBC.
The payment with QR code is subject to the fare policies of rain transit in Beijing Municipality and accumulative discounts. In each calendar month, if a passenger pays more than RMB100 with the QR code at Ruubypay APP, a 20% discount will be given from the next ride; and if the payment exceeds CNY ¥150, a 50% discount will be given from the next ride. However, if the payment exceeds CNY ¥400, no discount will be given.
How to Use
Align the QR code to the yellow box on the turnstile, and then get through the turnstile if you hear a beep. After you scan the QR code, Ruubypay APP will help you pay the fare by the selected method, and you will receive a notification of successful payment with relevant details.