1. Foreign high level and exceptional ability talents who are in urgent need by the State.
2. Foreign high level talents certified by Organization Department of Beijing Municipal Party Committee, Human Resources and Social Security Bureau or Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau of Beijing Municipal government.
3. Senior industry professionals who are employed and guaranteed by the enterprises certified by science and technology authority of Beijing Municipal Government.
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced color photo (3.5x5.3 cm). Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. Certification letter that expressing consent on the visa application by the host and inviting organization shall be submitted, which shall give every detail of the applicant's travel to China and all information provided shall be true and correct.
5. One of the following supportive documents shall be provided:
a. Certification materials in accordance with the introduction condition and requirement of foreign high-level and exceptional ability talents in urgent need of China determined by competent department of Chinese government.
b. Certification letter of foreign high level talent issued by the following authorities: Organization Ministry of CPC Central Committee, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs, Organization Department of Beijing Municipal Party Committee, Foreign Experts Affairs Human Resources and Social Security Bureau or Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau of Beijing Municipal government.
c. The Employment Contract and Guarantee Letter by the employment enterprise, which is certified by Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission.
1. The current R visa holders could apply for an extension with validity of no longer than 180 days.
2. Applicants could apply for an R visa renewal with the validity of less than 5 years, the stay duration of less than 180 days and various numbers of entries from zero to multiple. However, the accumulative duration of stay with the renewed visa could not exceed 1 year from the date of the latest entry of China.
3. The extension of a current R visa is only valid for this referred entry and does not affect the number of entries or the validity on the original visa. The accumulated term of extension shall not exceed the original duration of stay which is specified on the visa.
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview. However, for applicants who are aged above 60 and inconvenient to travel due to disability, or apply for an extension of residence permit, the relative of applicant or a particular service agency can submit the application on behalf of the applicant (a copy of the trustee's ID is required). Nonetheless, if the Exit-Entry Administration Department notifies the applicant that an interview is necessary, the applicant must go through the interview personally.)
2. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and the photocopies submitted.
3. Any application material in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese.
4. Applicant who doesn't nullify China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration.
1. Foreigners residing in China who apply for the extension of the duration of stay shall file their applications at least 7 days prior to the expiry of the validity period on their visas.
2. During the period when the applicant's passport or other travel document is under legal custody of the exit-entry authority for the issuance of visa or resident permit, the applicant may, bearing the receipt notice of the application herein, travel and reside legally within the territory of China.
3. The exit and entry administration authority of the public security organ may verify the purpose of application through such means as interview, telephone inquiry and on-the-spot investigation.
4. Decisions made by the exit-entry administration of public security organ on rejecting applications for extension or reissuance of ordinary visa, or on not issuing foreigners' stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final.
The right to interpret this instruction shall reside in the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau.