The People's Government of Beijing Municipality
Mayors' Profile Departments Administrative Districts Reports Laws & Policies
Beijing Info
Facts Culture Sister Cities Sci & Tech Videos
Most Requested Investing in Beijing Working in Beijing Studying in Beijing Living in Beijing Travelling in Beijing Consuming in Beijing
Contact Us
FAQs Jingjing Feedback Surveys
News Laws & Policies Photos Activities Specials



Foreign research assistants to the high level talents employed in the Zhongguancun Park.


1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.

2. Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.

3. Valid accommodation registration form of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.

4. Foreigner's Work Permit issued by Beijing Municipal Human Resource and Social Security Bureau or Beijing Municipal Bureau of Foreign Experts.

5. Certification Letter of Foreign High Level Talent issued by the competent talent authorities, such as the Organization Department of Beijing Municipal Party Committee, Foreign Experts Affairs, or Human Resources and Social Security authorities of Beijing Municipal government.

6. The guarantee letter for the foreign research assistant by the present employer.

7. Verification letter that expressing consent on the visa application by the present employer.


The validity period of the residence permit may vary, which shall be no longer than 5 years and no less than 90 days (the term shall be in accordance with the validity of the Foreigner's Work Permit).


1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview. However, for applicants who are aged above 60 and inconvenient to travel or apply for an extension of residence permit due to disability, or exceptional ability talents qualified as much-needed of the state, the host organization or a particular service agency can submit the application on behalf of the applicant (a copy of the trustee's ID is required). Nonetheless, if the Exit-Entry Administration Department notifies the applicant that an interview is necessary, the applicant shall go through the interview personally. 

2. For the above-stated application materials, the original documents need to be verified, and photocopies submitted.

3. Any application material in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese

4. Applicant who doesn't nullify China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. 


1. Where visas held by foreigners specify that foreigners need to apply for residence permits after entry, such foreigners shall, within 30 days from the date of their entry, apply for foreigners' residence permits.

2. During the period when the applicant's passport or other travel document is under legal custody of the exit-entry authority for the issuance of visa or resident permit, the applicant may, bearing the receipt notice of the application herein, travel and reside legally within the territory of China.

3. Where the registered item in a foreigner's residence permit has changed (the items shall include the bearer's name, sex, date of birth, reason for residence and duration of residence of the holder, date and place of issuance, passport number or other international travel documents number), the holder shall, within 10 days from the date of change, apply to the exit-entry administration of public security organ under the local people's government at or above the county level in the place of residence for going through the formalities for alteration.

4. Upon discovery of one of the following circumstances, the entity that employs a foreigner shall, in a timely manner, report to the exit and entry administration authority of the public security organ: a foreigner employed resigns, changes employment location, violates the provisions on administration of exit and entry, dies, disappears or other serious circumstances arise.

5. The exit and entry administration authority of the public security organ may verify the purpose of application through such means as interview, telephone inquiry and on-the-spot investigation.

6. Decisions made by the exit-entry administration of public security organ on rejecting applications for visa extension or reissuance, or on not issuing foreigners' stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final. 

The right to interpret this Instruction shall reside in the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau.