The People's Government of Beijing Municipality
Mayors' Profile Departments Administrative Districts Reports Laws & Policies
Beijing Info
Facts Culture Sister Cities Sci & Tech Videos
Most Requested Investing in Beijing Working in Beijing Studying in Beijing Living in Beijing Travelling in Beijing Consuming in Beijing
Contact Us
FAQs Jingjing Feedback Surveys
News Laws & Policies Photos Activities Specials
2023-02-24  |  

No visa is required for following categories:

1. Based on agreements signed between China and foreign governments, citizens of some countries who meet requirements set out in the agreements may enter China without a visa. For further details, refer to the List of Agreements on Mutual Visa Exemption Between China and Foreign Countries.

2. Holders of tickets of connecting journey and in transit to a third country or region by an international aircraft, ship or train via China do not need visa provided they stay for no more than 24 hours in China and do not leave the port of entry.

3. No visa is required for citizens of the following countries provided they hold valid passports with confirmed onward tickets and seats on international flights, and transit through a) Beijing International Airport and stay in Beijing, or b) Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport of Shanghai and stay in Shanghai, or c) Guangzhou Baiyun Airport and stay in Guangdong province, or d) Chengdu Shuangliu Airport and stay in Chengdu, for no more than 72 hours: Austria, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Lativa, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania.

(Countries here should preferably be in alphabetical order)

4. Citizens holding ordinary passports of countries having diplomatic relations with China and on a tour to Hong Kong or Macao, and participating in group tours organized by travel services registered in Hong Kong or Macao to Zhu Jiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area and staying for less than 6 days do not have to apply for a visa. The Zhu Jiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area refers to the following cities: Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing and Huizhou.

5. Citizens of the following countries holding ordinary passports, and in group tours to Hainan Province organized by international travel services approved by the National Tourism Administration of China and registered in Hainan Province and staying for no more than 15 days do need have to apply for visa: The United States, Malaysia, Thailand, Republic of Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Austria, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Japan and Singapore. Among those mentioned above, a tourist group of citizens of Republic of Korea, Germany and Russia may stay for no more than 21 days.

(Countries here should preferably be in alphabetical order)

6. Citizens of Singapore, Brunei and Japan holding ordinary passports may enter China without a visa provided that they come to China for tourism, family visit, business or transit, and intend to stay in China for no more than 15 days. However, the following personnel of these three countries must apply for a visa in advance if: a) They are holders of ordinary passports, and come to China for tourism, family visit or business, and intend to stay in China for more than 15 days; b) They are holders of ordinary passports, and come to China for study, employment, permanent residence or on a news reporting mission.

7. A holder of a valid APEC Business Travel Card.

8. A holder of a valid Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People’s Republic of China issued by the Public Security organs in China.

9. A holder of a valid Permanent Residence Card for Aliens of the P R China.

* Those enjoy visa exemption to China as mentioned above are required to apply for Z, X1, Q1, S1, D, J1 visa accordingly before they enter China, if they go to China for work, study, family reunion, long-term family visit, permanent residence or as resident foreign journalist.