Doctors in hosapital [Photo via tuchong.com]
If you need to know how to make a quick appointment registration to see the doctor in Beijing, please read more details as followings:
1. Make appointment registration
You can make appointment registration via the following three approaches
Beijing Unified Platform of appointment registration
You can make a registration in 3 ways including calling 114, logging into the website of the unified platform or using WeChat.
After registering with your real name on the platform, you need to make a registration in corresponding department of the hospital, and you will receive the notice of successful registration from the platform in no time.
The self-registry medical platform covers 149 secondary or tertiary hospitals in Beijing.
Firstly, search for “Jingyitong”, a WeChat official account on the client, and click on “Service” in the menu bar, then “Registration”.
You may choose the hospital and the department on the page as you want, and confirm the date of consultation and the name of patient.
After above steps, pay through WeChat payment or the account of Jingyitong.
You will receive a notification from Jingyitong, if your payment has been successful.
The registrations on the official account within 8 days covering 35 districts of 27 tertiary hospitals in Beijing are available.
Some medical institutions such as Peking Union Medical College Hospital and Beijing Children's Hospital have their own APPs which are for public to make an appointment registration.
In addition, there are approaches of registration in the hospital including registering at the service window and the self-service machine, and medical staff in case you cannot operate the machine.
If you are suffering from acute diseases such as trauma, massive blood loss, shock or even coma, don't need tomake an appointment registration like above, just go to the nearest hospital for an emergency registration immediately please.
2. Get number for consultation
Get a number on the registration window or the self-service machine with personal stuff, including your ID card, medical card, and medical records.
Swipe the card at the reception and wait for consultation according to the time and place printed on the registration form,
3. Payment for consultation and medicine
Pay on the charge window or self-service payment machine after consultation.
If there are medications, go to the pharmacy, queuing for the medicine with the receipt after payment.
If necessary, go to corresponding departments for follow-up examinations after payment.
Then, go to the original doctor with the result, and pay for the medicine after prescribing.
If there is a further consultation on another day, wait for consultation after getting a number.
If you need to be hospitalized for further medical treatment, go to the special window in the hall for admission procedures with the inpatient form.
The above is the outpatient process in Beijing.
But for emergency or severe cases, you can dial 120 for the ambulance that charges by the mile.
Here are also some tips that can save your time and effort
1. It is quick and easy to make an appointment. In order to help patients seek medical treatment, many cities have promoted and encouraged appointment registration. Currently, there are a variety of appointment methods such as WeChat, APP, self-service registration machines, networks, telephone services, and doctor workstations. It is suggested patients use these appointment methods to register.
2. It is recommended that a general practitioner be appointed for the initial diagnosis. Most disorders can be diagnosed by a GP. When the checkup results come out, a specialist can be appointed if further treatment is needed.
3. Pay attention to the time of diagnosis and therapy. For patients with appointments, please check the appointment time on the registration slip and arrive at the hospital 30 minutes in advance.
4. Avoid peak times. From 8:00 to 11:00 Monday through Wednesday are the peak times. Patients who only need a return visit or are prescribed some medicine should come in the afternoon or on weekends to reduce waiting time.
5. Prepare the required materials needed for the visit. Your passport, hospital card (binglika), checkup results and other relevant materials should be well prepared before the visit. The checkup results should be arranged or pasted in a book in chronological order for quick and effective communication with the doctor.
6. Wear loose clothes that are easy to take off. It is convenient for checkups, and both time-saving and labor-saving.
7. The patients should not wear makeup. The complexion and lip color can reflect the condition of the body, so that make-ups may affect the doctor's judgment of the patient's condition.
8. Bring a bank card. Bank card payment is available in most hospitals, and patients do not need to bring a lot of cash. It is rather convenient to pay with a bank card.
9. Correctly explain your condition to the doctor since the patient's description affects the doctor's judgment. Grasp the key points when telling the doctor about the condition. It is recommended that the patient review their medical history before the visit and take notes, including the symptoms, the onset time, the examinations that have been done and the drugs being taken. You can also show the doctor the container or instructions of the drugs you're taking for better diagnosis.