On March 8, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Culture and Tourism marked the arrival of spring by introducing 12 walking routes for citizens to best enjoy the beauty of blooming flowers against scenic Beijing architecture.
The new walking routes are promoted as part of the "Wandering in Beijing" culture/travel/leisure brand launched by the municipal culture and tourism bureau, which debuted in June, 2020. Thus far a total of 24 routes have been released, including four routes designed specifically for the 2021 Spring Festival holiday.
The 12 new routes are as follows:
1. Winter jasmine: Beihai Park, Zhongshan Park, Jingshan Park, Ming Dynasty City Wall Relics Park, Second Ring Road Greenbelt
2. Yulan magnolia: Chang'an Avenue, the Summer Place, Tanzhe Temple, Dajue Temple, Beijing International Sculpture Park
3. Wintersweet: Ming Dynasty City Wall Relics Park, Beijing Botanical Garden, Xiangshuihu Great Wall scenic area
4. Peach blossom: Beijing Botanical Garden, Beihai Park, Taohuahai (Pinggu District)
5. Cherry blossom: Yuyuantan Park, Beijing Botanical Garden, Gengdan Institute (Shunyi District)
6. Lilac: Fayuan Temple, Jietai Temple, Temple of Heaven Park
7. Chinese flowering crabapple: Haitang Huaxi in the Yuan Dynasty Walls Relics Park, the former residence of Soong Ching Ling, the Hall of Literary Glory at the Palace Museum, Taoranting Park, Fayuan Temple
8. Apricot blossom: Temple of Heaven Park, the Great Wall at Badaling, Juyongguan Pass and Beijing Suburban Railway Line S2, Beizhai Village (Pinggu District)
9. Pear blossom: the Palace of Celestial Favor at the Palace Museum, Zhihua Temple, pear orchard of Daxing, Pear Blossom Boulevard (Pinggu District)
10. Tulip: Zhongshan Park, Beijing Botanical Garden, Beijing International Flower Port (Shunyi District)
11. Peony: Jingshan Park, Jietai Temple, gardens of the Palace of Compassion and Tranquility at the Palace Museum
12. Chinese parasol: Wutong Avenue in the Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area, Nanmofang Road, Chegongzhuang Dajie Street
( Note: Content source is from The Beijing News.)