In recent years, the construction of barrier-free environment in this Municipality has been significantly improved. However, barrier-free facilities are still idle, occupied, or damaged from time to time. The phenomenon of stressing construction but neglecting administration is relatively prominent. There still exist problems of non-standard, incomplete, or unsystematic barrier-free facilities. In order to thoroughly implement the people-centered development concept, fully implement the arrangements and requirements made by the CPC Central Committee, the State Council, the Party Committee of Municipal Government and the Municipal Government on the construction of barrier-free environment, effectively solve the prominent problems in the field of the construction of barrier-free environment, make up for the shortcomings, improve the long-term mechanism, and constantly improve the standardized, refined and normal management level of barrier-free facilities, these Proposals are formulated in accordance with the Regulations on the Construction of Barrier-free Environment, the Measures of Beijing Municipality for the Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Protection of the Disabled and other laws and regulations, and in combination with the preparation for the Beijing 2022 Olympics and Paralympic Winter Games.
I. General Requirements
1. Basic principles
Adhere to problem orientation and highlighting priorities. With the surrounding areas of the venues of the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympic Games, areas within the 4th Ring Road, and urban sub-centers as the key regions, and with urban roads, public transport, public service places, and information exchange as the key areas, make up for the weakness of facilities, improve the long-term mechanism, and realize normal management.
Adhere to cost control, compliance and applicability. We shall, on the basis of clarifying responsibility boundaries of the government and social subjects, improve performance evaluation and incentive mechanisms and properly deal with cost control in the whole process to avoid extravagance and waste.
Adhere to the combination of efforts of governments and regions at different levels, dominated by regional management. Improve the system of duties and responsibilities performed and the division of labor and cooperation performed by municipal-level departments, districts, sub-districts (towns/townships) and disabled persons' federations to raise the level of construction and management of barrier-free facilities.
Insist on multiple co-construction, co-governance and sharing. Improve the work mechanism led by the Party committees, led by the governments, coordinated by the society and participated by the public, and build diversified, open and dynamic platforms for co-construction, so as to improve co-governance and sharing.
2. Objectives by stage
Pre-phase preparation stage (by the end of December 2019). The City Disabled Persons' Federation shall lead the construction of the unified "Information Management System of Barrier-Free Environment Construction in Beijing", and prepare the Standardized Atlas of Barrier-Free Environment Construction in Beijing; the municipal competent industrial authority shall, in accordance with its duty and labor division, prepare the work plan of improving the barrier-free environment in the industry, field and system, define the tasks and time limit in each stage, and carry out relevant rectification work; all district people's governments shall carry out self-examination, establish a list of barrier-free facilities, summarize all kinds of problems, and study rectification measures of problems in barrier-free facilities in public places.
Key promotion stage (by the end of December 2020). All district governments and the municipal competent administrative department of trade shall complete the rectification on the problem that the barrier-free facilities fail to be used effectively in major area or major field, and rectify the problems that the barrier-free facilities are damaged or should be there but not in place, and make sure to make rectification as much as possible.
Phase of comprehensive improvement (by the end of December 2021). Stress shall be laid on solving the problem of being not up to the standard, not available and not forming a completed setting, and push forward the construction of a long-acting mechanism for the administration of obstacle-free facilities, so as to markedly raise the normative, applicable and systematic level of the obstacle-free environment in the whole Municipality.
II. Key Tasks
1. Free of obstacles on urban roads
(1) Blind-friendly pavement. To investigate the status and study the standards of the blind-friendly pavement. The restoration and construction of such constructions should ensure the "blind-friendly pavement" helps. The daily supervision and administration on the blind tracks shall be strengthened to implement the requirement of immediate handling upon acceptance of complaints, and stop the occupation and damage of the blind tracks without delay.
(2) Sidewalks. Ensure that sidewalks in all kinds of crossings, entrance and exit set up curb ramp to make smooth slope and non-slip ramp, and best match the height between the curb ramp and the lane. The pedestrian sidewalk, pedestrian overpass and underground passage shall be provided with barrier-free ramp and barrier-free guide signs for wheelchairs. Slope curbs shall be set up at both ends of pedestrian crosswalks, sound prompting devices for crossing shall be installed, and corresponding management measures shall be improved.
2. Accessibility of public transport
(1) Ground public vehicle. Strengthen maintenance of barrier-free facilities of buses and training of drivers and conductors to ensure clear marks and effective use of slope boards and fixing devices of wheelchairs on the existing barrier-free buses. Gradually increase the barrier-free buses, to bring the allocation rate of urban barrier-free buses to 80%. Upgrade and improve the guiding information system, and strive to achieve the use of voice and subtitles inside and outside the bus. Strengthen the transformation of barrier-free bus platforms, and construct and improve stone ramps and blind tracks at the edges of entry and exit platforms.
(2) Rail transportation. Optimize rail transit stations' interior and exterior barrier-free marking systems, strengthen the daily maintenance of barrier-free elevators, lifting platforms, barrier-free toilets and other facilities, and optimize rail transit stations' connection with surrounding barrier-free facilities.
(3) Public parking lots. Public parking lots, accessory parking lots and parking lots for parking and transfer vehicles that have been put on record shall be installed in the vicinity according to the set proportion and standard, and signs shall be put up at conspicuous places. Strengthen the daily use and management of barrier-free parking places, and intensify law-enforcement inspection and punishments to ensure their normal use.
3. Accessibility in public service venues
This Municipality's public service places of all kinds shall, in accordance with the principles of accessibility and convenience, and the design norm of building barrier-free access, optimize barrier-free access, build a slope at the entrance and exit, and set up low-positioned service facilities, barrier-free elevators, barrier-free toilets (barrier-free lavatory stalls) as well as barrier-free facilities such as voice-announcement devices, subtitles and signs for barrier-free information exchange facilities.
(1) Government affairs service window. The government service center shall set up a sketch map of the building at the entrance or an eye-catching place of the building, and set up the voice broadcasting and electronic display screens at the important information reminder place.
(2) Hotels and restaurants. According to the relevant standards, star guesthouses shall set up barrier-free rooms at the ratio of 1 to 2%, and chain express hotels shall set up at least one room that is convenient for wheelchair users to stay in; encourage and guide the travel accommodation reservation website and mobile application (APP) are encouraged and guided to increase information on barrier-free accommodation facilities.
(3) Restaurants of shopping malls and supermarkets. Qualified large- and medium-sized shopping malls and supermarkets shall be equipped with reasonable shopping carts suitable for wheelchair users and have guiding signs of barrier-free shopping set up; qualified restaurants shall be encouraged to conduct renovation of barrier-free facilities.
(4) Medical institutions. Second-class and above medical institutions shall set up barrier-free toilets, community medical institutions shall set up barrier-free toilet stalls, and indoor passageways of various medical institutions shall set barrier-free handrails. Medical institutions where conditions permit are encouraged to provide medical guiding services in sign language.
(5) Schools. Make efforts to push forward the construction of barrier-free campus environment to create favorable conditions for the integrated education. The ordinary classrooms of schools of all types shall be equipped with desks for the use of students taking wheelchairs in light of the actual needs; at least one barrier-free lavatory (barrier-free lavatory stall) shall be set up in a building where main teaching and living rooms are located, and a barrier-free lift shall be set up if conditions permit. The barrier-free renovation of special education schools shall be carried out in accordance with the Standards for the Architectural Design of Special Education Schools.
(6) Banks. The banking outlets shall provide barrier-free information services such as voice broadcasting, text prompts, Braille writing marks and telephone booking. Eligible banks shall provide sign language services, and 24-hour self-service banks shall set up self-service facilities at low places.
(7) Places of cultural and sports recreation. Cinemas and theaters, libraries, museums, cultural centers, stadiums and gymnasiums shall be equipped with proportional wheelchair seats and barrier-free facility location maps; the barrier-free marking system shall be improved and barrier-free accesses shall be set up at entrances and exits of gate machines to realize barrier-free passage. Cinemas shall, if possible, install sound appliances that are convenient for persons with visual impairments. Municipal and district libraries shall set up reading rooms for braille, and equip with reading aids.
(8) Park Scenic Green Square. Qualified parks, enclosed tourist attractions of level A or higher as well as large and medium -sized squares and green belts shall set up barrier-free tourist route maps and barrier-free facility location maps. The key cultural relic protection sites opened to public that fail to meet the conditions for renovation shall be equipped with temporary barrier-free equipment, and the corresponding services shall be provided.
(9) Public toilets. The public toilets at or above Class B shall be equipped with independent barrier-free toilets while the toilets of other types shall be equipped with barrier-free toilets that can be used normally and safely.
(10) Residential communities. The barrier-free renovation of residential quarters shall be incorporated into the planning of the comprehensive renovation of old residential quarters, the renovation and improvement of the environment of back streets and small lanes, and the construction of beautiful villages for unified implementation, and barrier-free ramps and wheelchairs shall be set up at the entrances and exits of residential buildings. Elevators may be installed in old residential buildings that meet the conditions in accordance with relevant policies. The service places for the convenience of people in residential areas shall be equipped with necessary barrier-free facilities.
4. Accessibility of information exchange
(1) Media services. Fully implement the information barrier-free construction and renovation of government websites and public service applications. City Radio and Television Stations shall gradually increase subtitles in the broadcast of television programs, and shall gradually increase the time of sign language translation in the broadcast of news programs.
(2) Living services. Encourage water, electricity, gas, heat, communications, finance, medical health, and other public service websites as well as relevant e-commerce platforms to conduct barrier-free transformation. Actively promote barrier-free information services such as mobile navigation and electronic maps.
III. Division of Responsibilities
1. Improve the work responsibility system of governments and departments. The municipal industrial administrative department of trade shall, in accordance with its responsibility division, take the lead in organizing the special campaign of the construction of barrier-free environment in its own trade, field and system, formulate standards, define requirements, and make model projects. Each district government shall be responsible for organizing the implementation of the special campaign of barrier-free environment construction within its jurisdiction, detailing tasks and defining labor division. All sub-districts (towns/townships) shall, relying on the working mechanism of "the sub-districts and townships blow whistle, departments check in" guided by the Party building, organize the owners or managers to strengthen the transformation, maintenance, protection, and management of obstacle-free facilities. The Municipal Law Enforcement Bureau shall guide all district people's governments and relevant municipal departments to carry out joint law- enforcement activities, clear up and rectify in a centralized way the problems of the occupation and damage of obstacle-free facilities in the key areas. The municipal and district federations of the disabled shall, on the principle of being practical, easy to implement and widely benefiting, put forward the requirement of rectification of barrier-free facilities and organize special assessment and satisfaction survey.
2. Clarify the main responsibility of construction and maintenance. Strengthen source governance and reinforce the fulfillment of responsibilities for construction, acceptance, management, and maintenance of barrier-free facilities. The responsibilities of the construction unit shall be defined, the project failing to construct the obstacle-free facilities such as the blind-friendly pavement shall not be checked and accepted, and the construction unit shall be ordered to complete the construction of the blind-friendly pavement within the prescribed time limit, and the penalty shall be imposed on the construction unit failing to complete the make-up construction on time. The responsibilities of the owner and manager of barrier-free facilities are clarified to ensure that the barrier-free facilities damaged or broken are maintained in time.
3. Clarify responsibility for cost control. The municipal industrial administrative department of trade and the district government shall undertake the first responsibility of cost control of the construction of the barrier-free environment, establish and improve the overall evaluation and examination mechanism of the project, take the details into full consideration, choose scientifically and reasonably the mode of adding the construction, renovation, expansion or new construction, and do well the cost control of the whole process before, during and after the building to optimize the construction cost. Taking advantage of the opportunity to conduct large-scale demolition and construction is strictly prohibited.
IV. Safeguard Measures
1. Strengthen organization and leadership. The Municipal Working Group of the Special Campaign for the Barrier-free Environment Construction of this Municipality (hereinafter referred to as the Municipal Working Group) shall be established with the principal leader of the Municipal Government acting as the group leader, the designated leader of the Party Committee of the Municipal Government and the designated leader of the Municipal Government jointly acting as the group leader. The assigned leader of the Publicity Department of the Party Committee of the Municipal Government, the deputy secretary general of the Municipal Government and the City Disabled Persons' Federation, the Municipal Bureau of Finance, the Municipal Planning and Natural Resources Commission, shall act as the deputy group leaders and all district governments and municipal departments concerned shall, as member units, jointly promote the implementation of the work. The Municipal Working Group Office shall be set up in the City Disabled Persons' Federation, and shall be responsible for the daily specific work. The deputy secretary-general in charge of the Municipal Government shall be the director of the office. Every district government and relevant municipal department shall set up special working team according to their actual circumstances, draw up the implementation scheme for their respective district and department, and submit it to the Municipal Working Group Office for record.
2. Strengthen the basic work. Actively promote revision of the Regulations of Beijing Municipality on Construction and Administration of Barrier-free Facilities, study and promote formulation of local standards for construction and administration of barrier-free facilities which comply with national standards and municipal requirements. Intensify the publicity of barrier-free concept and knowledge, strengthen the publicity of the "barrier-free Promotion Day", and make "love of the capital city depicted by its barrier-free environment" become a social consensus. Strengthen the building of professional barrier-free institutions, barrier-free experts, and barrier-free supervisor team. We will strengthen targeted training for practitioners in key areas. Encourage enterprises to participate in the research, development and production of barrier-free products and technologies, and promote the construction of barrier-free and smart cities.
3. Make proper financial arrangements. The funds required for the special campaign shall be included in the annual budgets of all districts and the annual budgets of relevant municipal departments for overall guarantee. It is required to establish a performance evaluation and reward mechanism for the special rectification, formulate and refine the relevant performance evaluation index system, and give financial support to the districts that achieve remarkable results in the implementation of special rectification in lieu of subsidies with rewards.
4. Tighten daily supervision. The Municipal Working Group Office shall circulate a notice on the work progress of all district governments and the responsible departments of all trades and industries every quarter. Improve the linkage mechanism with the 12345 public service hotline and smooth the channels for complaints and reports on the issue of barrier-free facilities. Give play to the role of Party representatives, deputies to the people's congress, members of the political consultative conference, volunteers, the disabled and social organizations at all levels and form a joint force of supervision.
(All information in this document is authentic in Chinese. English is provided for reference only. In case of any discrepancy, the Chinese version shall prevail.)