Jing Jiao Gong Guan Fa  No. 2
To all highway sub-bureaus, road network centers, quota stations and quality supervision departments,
In order to further standardize the management of maintenance projects of ordinary national highways, municipal highways and county highways in Beijing, and to improve the quality and investment efficiency of these projects, the Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport has formulated the Implementation Measures of Beijing Municipality for the Management of Highway Maintenance Projects, which is now issued for your compliance.
Appendix: Implementation Measures of Beijing Municipality for the Management of Highway Maintenance Projects
Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport
January 22, 2020
(Contact: Liu Baolin; Tel: 83775343)
Implementation Measures of Beijing Municipality for the Management of Highway Maintenance Projects
Chapter I General Provisions
Article 1 In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Highway Law of the People's Republic of China, the Regulations on Highway Safety Protection, the Regulations on Quality Management of Construction Projects, the Highway Regulations of Beijing Municipality and the Administrative Measures for Highway Maintenance Projects and in the light of the actual situation of highway maintenance project management in Beijing, the Measures are hereby formulated to standardize the management of highway maintenance projects of Beijing Municipality, improve the quality and investment efficiency of the projects,.
Article 2 The highway maintenance projects mentioned in the Measures refer to projects that are implemented in a centralized manner and managed as per project within a period of time, and do not involve dismantlement and land acquisition. They do not include daily maintenance, minor repair projects and highway reconstruction and extension projects.
Organizations involved refer to survey, testing, design, consulting, supervision and construction entities engaged in highway maintenance projects.
Article 3 The Measures apply to the management of maintenance works of ordinary national highways, municipal highways and county highways within the jurisdiction of Beijing.
Article 4 Highway maintenance projects shall follow the principles of scientific decision-making, standardized management, advanced technology, high quality and efficiency, green and safe project.
Chapter II General Rules
Article 5 Highway maintenance projects are divided into preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, special maintenance, and emergency maintenance according to the purposes and objects of maintenance.
Preventive maintenance refers to the proactive projects undertaken in advance in order to delay the overwhelmingly fast degradation of performance and extend the service life of highways with good overall performance but minor distress.
Corrective maintenance refers to the functional, structural repair or regular replacement projects carried out for the restoration of technical performance of highways with obvious distress or partial loss of service functions. Corrective maintenance is divided into overhaul and medium repair projects. Among them, the overhaul project is a periodic comprehensive repair of major damage to a highway and the facilities along such highway (including bridges and tunnels) to fully restore the original technical standards; the medium repair project is a regular repair and reinforcement of general damage to a highway and the facilities along such facilities (including bridges and tunnels) to restore the highway's original technical conditions.
Special maintenance refers to the improvement, addition, reinforcement, renovation, demolition and reconstruction (according to the original scale) and other works that are implemented in a concentrated way to restore, maintain or improve the service functions of a highway, and it falls into the scope of medium repair works and shall be managed accordingly.
Emergency maintenance refers to emergency repair and traffic-keeping projects as well as recovery and reconstruction projects implemented to quickly restore the capacity of a highway for safe traffic when the highway is damaged, cut off or poses major hidden safety hazards due to sudden incidents.
Article 6 Unified leadership and graded responsibilities shall be implemented for the management of highway maintenance projects. Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall be in charge of the management and supervision of highway maintenance projects in Beijing, formulate the development plan for highway maintenance projects in the city, and propose overall maintenance objectives.
Each highway sub-bureau shall be responsible for the management of maintenance projects of highways within the scope of its duties, and shall formulate annual goals and implementation plans for maintenance management in its own jurisdiction as well as their enforcement, according to the maintenance plan and overall objectives of Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport.
Article 7 Funds for highway maintenance projects shall be settled by financial funds; for overhaul works and preventive maintenance works, funds shall be applied for separately as per project, and for medium repair projects, special funds for daily maintenance shall be used.
The scope regarding the use of funds for highway maintenance projects includes the inspection and evaluation of technical conditions of facilities, maintenance decision consultation, maintenance design, maintenance and construction, construction management and quality control, project examination and acceptance, supervision and inspection, etc. No organization or individual may withhold, occupy or misappropriate funds for maintenance projects.
Article 8 The main duties of Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport in highway maintenance management are as follows:
(1) Implement national laws, regulations, rules, standards and specifications on highway maintenance management. Organize the formulation of relevant regulations and measures for highway maintenance management in the city, formulate annual highway maintenance tasks and maintenance objectives, and guide, supervise and assess the city's highway maintenance management. Organize the final acceptance of highway maintenance projects.
(2) Draw up an annual plan for the maintenance of municipal highways, and review programs and examine and approve budgetary estimates for overhaul and preventive maintenance works in the annual plan. Organize the promotion and application of new technologies, new processes, new materials and new achievements in highway maintenance as well as the exchange of experience. Guide the promotion of information technologies (e.g., maintenance management systems) in maintenance projects and the exchange of experience.
(3) In charge of quality supervision and management and conduct work safety supervision and emergency management of highway maintenance projects.
Article 9 The main duties of highway sub-bureaus in highway maintenance management are as follows:
(1) Implement national and municipal laws, regulations, rules, standards and specifications on highway maintenance management; and formulate relevant systems for the management of maintenance projects of highways.
(2) Prepare annual proposal plans for highway maintenance projects and timely report such plans to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for review as required. Develop plans and organize implementation according to highway maintenance objectives issued by Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport. Prepare preliminary design documents for overhaul and preventive maintenance projects of highways, examine and approve construction drawings and budgets, and examine and approve design documents for medium repair and special projects;
(3) Carry out the organization and coordination, process management, and acceptance of highway maintenance projects. Summarize the organization, implementation and application of new technologies, new processes, new materials and new achievements for highway maintenance projects. Take charge of the specific implementation and application of information technologies in maintenance projects.
(4) Carry out the inspection, supervision and assessment of highway maintenance organizations in accordance with the relevant highway maintenance project management systems. Carry out the quality management of highway maintenance projects in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Provisions on the Quality Supervision and Administration of Highway and Water Transport Projects. Implement the work safety management and emergency management of highway maintenance projects in accordance with the requirements of the Measures on the Work Safety Supervision and Administration of Highway and Water Transport Projects.
Article 10 The management of non-tender government procurement projects shall be implemented in accordance with the Government Procurement Law, the Administrative Measures for Non-Tender Procurement Methods for Government Procurement and relevant financial regulations.
Article 11 Entities shall not participate in the highway maintenance projects under the same contract, when they are under the charge of the same person, or one holds a controlling stake in another entity or one is in charge of the management of another.
Except for single-source procurement projects, the organizations providing services such as overall design and standards preparation, or project management, supervision and inspection for highway maintenance projects shall not participate in related services for other highway maintenance works under the project.
Chapter III Preliminary Work
Article 12 Each highway sub-bureau shall establish a scientific decision-making mechanism and work system as well as a management system and review procedures for preliminary work, and report to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for filing.
In the kickoff and research phase of a highway maintenance project, preliminary decision-making shall be made in the light of the safe operation conditions of the facility and in accordance with the work procedures such as highway technical condition assessment, maintenance demand analysis and maintenance technical schemes, which shall serve as the basis for formulating a maintenance plan.
Article 13 Each highway sub-bureau shall conduct the evaluation and analysis of the performance of highway facilities based on the inspection and assessment results of the technical conditions of roadbed, pavement, bridges, tunnels and auxiliary facilities, and submit the facility operation reports of the previous year to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport before the end of January of the current year.
Article 14 For maintenance demand analysis, maintenance objectives shall be set scientifically and maintenance projects shall be selected rationally, based on the inspection and assessment data, in accordance with relevant standards and specifications and the city's maintenance plans.
Article 15 Carry out special inspections or tests on road sections, structures and auxiliary facilities of the proposed maintenance project; develop a targeted maintenance design scheme based on the inspection and assessment data, damage status, distress type, structural bearing capacity and distress development trend, and taking full consideration of technical, economic, safety, environmental protection and other factors, as well as the compliance of relevant norms and standards.
Article 16 Each highway sub-bureau shall establish a technical committee to organize the review of design documents in accordance with relevant provisions. The preliminary design review opinions and construction drawing design approval documents for highway maintenance projects shall be submitted to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for filing.
Article 17 A project repository system shall be implemented for highway maintenance projects. Each highway sub-bureau shall establish a maintenance project repository based on the results of tests and evaluation and a thorough consideration of factors such as service life, traffic volume and axle load data, degree of importance, road network function and maintenance timing; the project repository shall be dynamically adjusted in a rolling manner and updated regularly every year. To enter the project repository, projects shall meet the following conditions:
(1) Highways reaching the end of their service life;
(2) Highways with a PQI value lower than the maintenance target, and sections at moderate, inferior and poor classes by POI values;
(3) Sections with rapid declines in road condition data;
(4) Bridge facilities with important traffic functions for which technical indicators such as design load rating, disaster resistance capacity and safety and protection standards do not match the corresponding highway.
(5) Bridges and tunnels rated as class 3 or below in technical condition.
Article 18 Special funds shall be established for the preliminary work of highway maintenance projects. For a project included in the maintenance project plan, the preliminary design fee shall be included in the budgetary estimates of design and approval; for a project not included in the plan (whose scheme has passed the review of Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport), it shall be kept by the highway sub-bureaus as a reserve project, and the design fee shall be disbursed from the special funds for the preliminary work with the confirmation and approval of Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport.
Chapter IV Plan Formulation
Article 19 In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Administrative Measures of the Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport on Plans, a highway maintenance project plan shall be subject to the work procedures of compilation, examination and approval, and assignment.
Article 20 A highway maintenance project proposal plan shall be made based on the principles of "key issues coming before general issues, and trunk lines coming before county highways". It shall follow the concept of "optimal supply, demand control, and strong governance", give priority to addressing problems of sections in "moderate, inferior and poor condition", and focus on projects meeting the following requirements:
(1) Projects that seriously affect the public's safe passage, such as projects regarding disaster recovery, and bridge and tunnel reinforcement;
(2) Projects with material political, economic and national defense significance, including major tourist routes, industrial park roads, and other highways that play an important role in supporting regional economic development;
(3) Projects with poor road condition that significantly affects the overall service level of the highways.
(4) National highways and municipal highways are sorted by the degree of congestion (V/C), and county highways are sorted by the degree of importance, according to the order of administrative levels (national, municipal and county highways);
(5) Projects for which preventive maintenance engineering are suitable.
Article 21 Plans for overhaul and preventive maintenance projects of highways shall be subject to the following work procedures:
(1) January to March, the stage for project proposal preparation and reporting:
After each highway sub-bureau reports the maintenance project proposals for the next year by time, Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall organize the review of the project proposals and preparation instructions, screen projects, and determine the maintenance schemes and investment estimates for the overhaul projects. At the same time, the Commission shall issue the preliminary work notice, and the highway sub-bureaus shall continue to carry out the preliminary work accordingly.
Project proposals shall mainly include: the basis for and significance of project implementation, the necessity of implementation, the proposed preliminary implementation plan, investment estimates and economic and social benefits.
Preparation instructions shall mainly include: preparation principles, intended maintenance objectives, project screening methods, basis for investment estimates, etc.
(2) April to July, the stage for preliminary design, budgetary estimation, and examination and approval:
Each highway sub-bureau shall complete the preliminary design documents and budget estimation of the proposed maintenance projects within 2 months after receiving the preliminary work notice issued by Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport, and submit such documents for review.
Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall organize the review of the preliminary design documents and budgetary estimates, and complete the approval of the preliminary design documents and budget estimates.
(3) August to September, the stage for issuing approved plans and organizing the invitation for bids.
After Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport issues the XX (year) Highway Construction and Maintenance Plans of Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport, each highway sub-bureau shall accordingly commission the construction drawing design, approve the budget, and organize the invitation for bids for the maintenance projects.
Article 22 In the light of the operation status of the highway network, Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall issue notices for the preparation of the current year's medium repair project plan in batches with a focus on the settlement of temporary safeguard tasks, sections in moderate, inferior and poor condition, low ratings of components of bridge and tunnel facilities, auxiliary facilities not meeting safety performance standards, and water damage and emergency projects.
Each highway sub-bureau shall compile a medium repair plan based on the operation status of facilities and submit such plan to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport as required. Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall review the schemes in the medium repair plan, organize research and demonstration of the schemes based on the importance and complexity of projects, and issue the plans for special medium repair projects in batches after completing the review.
Article 23 When preparing the plan for maintenance projects, each highway sub-bureau shall take into full account of the impact of the project implementation on the surrounding environment, public transport and citizens' travel, and conduct research and demonstration on the proposed maintenance measures and traffic diversion plans. Traffic jams caused by centralized operations shall be avoided.
Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall be responsible for sharing and coordinating the construction information of inter-provincial highway maintenance projects; each highway sub-bureau shall be responsible for concrete implementation, such as the connection and notification of specific information on maintenance projects.
Article 24 Adjustment plans for overhaul and preventive maintenance adjustment of highways shall be submitted to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport in the second quarter. When submitting the adjustment plans, it is required to explain the principles and reasons for the adjustment and the changes in funds, and attach relevant materials or approval documents. Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall organize the review in accordance with the prescribed procedures and issue the adjustment plans for the current year in July. No adjustment shall be made to medium repair projects in principle.
Article 25 Each highway sub-bureau shall, in accordance with the relevant plan preparation requirements in the Measures, timely complete the compilation and submission of the maintenance project plan, and accept Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport's inspection and supervision of the progress of project implementation.
Chapter V Project Design
Article 26 Optimal maintenance solutions shall be chosen for the design of highway maintenance projects, according to the basic principles of "design by sections, processing by categories, implementation by stages, and reasonable decision-making" and a thorough consideration of facility condition, structure, materials, load, environment, economy and other factors. Also, the design shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Adjust measures to local conditions, use local materials, ensure cyclic utilization and protect the environment.
(2) Properly design traffic support schemes, reduce the impact of maintenance project construction on transportation, and ensure safe operation.
(3) Properly design maintenance operation schemes to ensure the safety of maintenance operations.
(4) Properly design supporting facilities.
Article 27 The following methods shall be adopted in the design of highway maintenance projects:
(1) One-stage design, namely, construction drawing design for medium repair projects;
(2) Two-stage design including preliminary design and construction drawing design for overhaul and preventive maintenance projects.
(3) Emergency maintenance projects shall be designed in different ways according to the nature of the projects.
Article 28 The preparation of budgetary estimation of highway maintenance projects shall be implemented based on the relevant provisions such as the Highway Project Estimate Quota, the Highway Project Budget Quota and the Measures for the Compilation of Budgetary Estimation for Highway Construction Projects issued by the Ministry of Transport, and the Announcement of the Ministry of Finance, the State Taxation Administration and the General Administration of Customs on Deepening the Related Policies of the VAT Reform. During the preparation, each highway sub-bureau shall refer to the latest market price published by the highway project cost website, take the costs of similar maintenance projects in previous years into full consideration, and prepare reasonable budgetary estimation of maintenance projects.
Article 29 Design documents for highway maintenance projects shall be examined and approved as per the following provisions:
(1) For maintenance projects of ordinary highways with one-stage design, the construction drawing design documents shall be reviewed and approved by highway sub-bureaus;
(2) For maintenance projects of ordinary highways with two-stage design, the preliminary design documents and general estimates shall be reviewed and approved by Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport, and the construction drawing design documents and budgets shall be reviewed and approved by highway sub-bureaus;
(3) The design of emergency projects of ordinary highways shall be reviewed and approved as follows:
Recovery and reconstruction projects: for highway projects with an investment of more than RMB 5 million, and structure projects such as bridge recovery and reconstruction and pumping station renovation projects with an investment of more than RMB 2 million, the preliminary design documents shall be examined and approved by Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport.
For projects with an investment less than the above amount, the medium repair project management procedures shall be implemented, and the design documents shall be reviewed and approved by highway sub-bureaus, and the approval documents shall be submitted to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for filing.
Among the above-mentioned projects, those whose scale are relatively large or whose original design standards have been raised, shall be submitted to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for examination and approval.
Article 30 The design of highway maintenance projects shall be based on the results of special inspections and assessment. It is required to strengthen the bearing capacity of the structures and the performance evaluation of old highways, strengthen the diagnosis and analysis of obvious and hidden distresses, and use necessary testing equipment to carry out inspections of structure parameters, structure strength and material performance, and formulate the maintenance project design plans in a scientific approach.
When the test content and results are insufficient to accurately assess the condition of the facility and affect the performance evaluation and judgment of the facility, the design and test entities shall carry out targeted, supplementary specific tests and special tests as per the required specifications, and provide test results and evaluations.
Article 31 The design documents of a maintenance project shall comply with the requirements of laws, regulations and compulsory standards, and shall explain the construction processes and acceptance standards in detail.
Maintenance projects are encouraged to adopt new technologies, new materials, new processes and new equipment that have been verified. Where national or industry standards have not been formulated, those new technologies, materials, processes and equipment shall be tested and demonstrated by a test agency that has obtained qualifications according to law, and the test agency shall issue test reports. The four new technologies mentioned above (such as the new processes) shall be examined and approved by Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport before being used in the highway maintenance projects.
Article 32 The design entity shall guarantee the quality of the design documents of the maintenance project. It shall be able to translate the design intention into reality, help resolve design problems that may arise during construction, and ensure the quality of design. During the review of the preliminary design documents, the design entity and design personnel who are found to have violated the compulsory norms and behavior standards shall be punished in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Regulation on the Quality Management of Construction Projects.
Article 33 Dynamic design shall be adopted for the design of maintenance projects. The design entity shall follow the development of damages in a timely manner and change the design as needed. When a highway maintenance project is completed, the design entity shall compare the design documents and the actual situation on site and compile an analysis report. In the summary of the design work, the design entity shall focus on explaining the cause of distress diagnosis, treatment measures, and the rationality and effectiveness of the schemes.
Article 34 Design documents of all kinds of maintenance projects shall strictly go through the management procedures of review or approval before they may be adopted.
Article 35 A post design evaluation system shall be implemented for highway maintenance projects. Post quality evaluation shall be implemented for a highway maintenance project whose approved preliminary budgetary estimation is over RMB 30 million in design or whose implementation effect needs evaluating.
The post quality evaluation shall be divided into two stages: the evaluation for delivery acceptance and the evaluation in the defects liability period. The evaluation score is 100.
Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall be responsible for organizing, supervising and inspecting the post quality evaluation of the design of a maintenance project, as well as releasing the evaluation results. Each highway sub-bureau shall be responsible for the organization and implementation of specific post quality evaluation concerning the design of highway pavement overhaul projects within its jurisdiction, and it shall submit the evaluation results to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport in a timely manner.
Chapter VI Project Construction
Article 36 Each highway sub-bureau shall strictly implement the approved highway maintenance project plan and the written reply to the design documents and shall not modify the content of the design documents without approval.
Before the commencement of the project, each highway sub-bureau shall organize the review of the traffic diversion plan for the maintenance project in accordance with the design documents and the provisions of the Safety Work Rules for Highway Maintenance (JTG-H30), and report to the traffic management department for approval in order to start construction.
Article 37 Each highway sub-bureau and organization for maintenance projects shall establish and improve a management system for maintenance projects, carry out inspections on the progress, quality, safety and environmental protection aspect of the projects based on their respective duties, and ensure that the maintenance projects meet the contract requirements.
Article 38 The projects on the highway maintenance of the current year shall be completed in the very year in principle. For a project that cannot be completed in the current year because the highway maintenance plan is issued late, or complicated technologies are adopted, or due to other special reasons, the relevant highway sub-bureau shall submit an application to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for approval, and with the approval, the project is allowed to be completed in the second year.
Article 39 A monthly report system and a measurement & payment system shall be implemented for highway maintenance projects, and advance payments and project payments shall be made in accordance with contracts.
A monthly report shall mainly include:
(1) List the actual amount of work completed and the cumulative amount of work completed according to the bill of quantities, and a comparison of the cumulative amount of work with the overall schedule.
(2) An overview of project quality and construction safety management;
(3) An analysis of the reason for the delay of projects and remedial measures to be taken;
(4) Results of the inspections by management personnel in the aspects of design, construction and supervision as well as mechanical performance.
Article 40 Where design changes of a highway maintenance project meet the following requirements, they shall be first reviewed by each highway sub-bureau and then submitted to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for approval. In other cases, the changes shall be reviewed and approved by the relevant highway sub-bureau and submitted to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for filing.
(1) Project changes involving technical standards, construction scale, functions, structural types, etc.
(2) Project changes with cumulative change cost of homogeneous projects exceeding RMB 500,000 or the change cost of an individual project exceeding RMB 500,000;
(3) Project changes with the change cost exceeding the approved budgetary estimation limit.
(4) In extremely special cases, if major design changes occur or additional works exceed the original budgetary estimation, they shall be implemented in accordance with relevant change procedures with the approval by the superior approving authority.
The examination and approval of design change documents shall be completed within 20 days. Failing to give a reply to the review of the design change documents within the approval time without justified reasons shall be deemed as consent. Where expert review is required, the time required shall not be counted in the above time limit. The approving authority shall inform the applicant in writing of the required time.
Article 41 The change of the estimated costs of a highway maintenance project shall be implemented as per the following provisions:
(1) If certain work is cancelled, the total price for such work shall not be paid.
(2) Where specific items in the priced bill of quantities are applicable to the changes, the unit prices of such items shall be adopted.
(3) Where the priced bill of quantities has no specific items but has similar items for the changes, the unit prices of similar items may be referred to when reasonable, and the unit prices of the changes shall be determined by the supervisor.
(4) Where there are no applicable items or similar items in the priced bill of quantities, the supervisor shall determine the unit prices of the changes after taking into full consideration of the unit price analysis table provided by the contractor at the time of bidding.
(5) If the changes of the project are caused by the contractor's fault, the contractor's breach of the contract, or the contractor's breach of duties, any additional costs involved shall be borne by the contractor.
Article 42 Highway emergency maintenance projects shall be organized and implemented in accordance with the following provisions:
(1) Emergency repair and transportation guarantee projects
In the case of emergencies such as earthquake, water damage, collapse and landslide, each highway sub-bureau shall immediately organize work units to take emergency control and disposal measures, timely organize emergency repair and transportation guarantee projects to restore normal highway conditions, and report as per work procedures for emergencies in the contingency plan. Process documentation shall be retained.
(2) Recovery and reconstruction projects:
Work units shall complete the approval in accordance with the prescribed procedures, and organize the implementation and completion of facility recovery, according to the type and scale of a project.
Upon the completion of an emergency maintenance project, the work unit shall compile the relevant materials of the emergency maintenance project (image data, construction schemes, quantities, cost list, etc.) into an emergency maintenance project implementation report, and report the costs of the emergency maintenance project within 30 days, which shall be examined and approved by the relevant highway sub-bureau.
Article 43 In the construction of highway maintenance projects, smart transportation guidance facilities shall be used to locate construction areas, and mobile network navigation technology shall be used to realize the real-time upload and release of information about the section under construction, so as to provide convenience for public travel.
Article 44 Each highway sub-bureau shall strengthen the cost control and management of highway maintenance projects, and strictly implement the relevant provisions for building a clean government. After the construction is completed, the relevant highway sub-bureau shall timely prepare the project statement and financial accounts in accordance with relevant provisions and cooperate with the relevant units to carefully carry out project audit.
Article 45 Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport may, in the light of actual situation, conduct random review and audit of design changes, measurement and payment, final building costs, and contract management of highway maintenance projects.
Chapter VII Quality Safety Management
Article 46 A quality assurance system of "government supervision, corporate management, social supervision, and enterprise self-inspection" shall be implemented for quality management of highway maintenance projects. Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport entrust the Municipal Road Engineering Quality Supervision Station to take charge of the quality supervision of highway overhaul and preventive maintenance projects.
Highway overhaul and preventive maintenance projects with a construction and erection cost above RMB 5 million shall be supervised by the quality supervision station, and those with a cost under RMB 5 million shall be supervised by sub-bureaus; bridge overhaul projects with a construction and erection cost above RMB 2 million shall be supervised by the quality supervision station, and those with a cost under RMB 2 million shall be supervised by sub-bureaus.
The Municipal Road Quality Supervision Station shall implement its duties, formulate a supervision plan, put forward the key points of project quality supervision, guide the supervision work of sub-bureaus, and submit a monthly supervision report to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport in time.
Article 47 For highway maintenance projects, the relevant provisions of the Provisions on the Quality Supervision and Administration of Highway and Water Transport Projects and the Measures on the Work Safety Supervision and Administration of Highway and Water Transport Projects shall be referred to and implemented. All highway sub-bureaus and maintenance projects organizations shall strictly comply with such provisions.
Article 48 Each highway sub-bureau shall be responsible for project quality management and safety management, and maintenance project design, supervision, consulting, testing and construction units and personnel shall undertake the corresponding maintenance project quality and safety management responsibilities.
Each highway sub-bureau shall actively carry out quality and safety inspections to ensure that the maintenance project is well managed, completes with good quality and in time, and is safe and effective.
Article 49 For materials, structural parts and equipment used for maintenance projects, the construction and supervision entities shall strengthen the inspection and spot checks in accordance with the prescribed frequency and requirements; those failing the inspections shall not be used. Test data fraud is strictly prohibited in highway maintenance projects and shall be punished as per provisions of the Regulation on the Quality Management of Construction Projects once such fraud is found.
Article 50 Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall be responsible for organizing investigations of accidents due to poor quality of highway maintenance projects and guiding the reporting of such accidents. The Municipal Road Quality Supervision Station shall be responsible for the specific implementation of investigation and handling of poor quality cases. Highway sub-bureaus and construction units shall be responsible for reporting the cases according to the grading classification and reporting system.
After receiving a poor quality case report, Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport or the Road Quality Supervision Station entrusted by it shall organize and participate in the investigation in a timely manner in accordance with the provisions, and issue an investigation report of the poor quality case.
Wherein: for overhaul projects, the reports shall be submitted to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport by the relevant highway sub-bureau. For preventive maintenance projects and medium repair projects, the relevant highway sub-bureau shall be responsible for investigating and handling poor quality cases and reporting to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for filing.
Article 51 Safety accidents of highway maintenance projects shall be handled and reported in accordance with the safety accident management procedures stipulated by Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport.
Chapter VIII Project Examination and Acceptance
Article 52 Each highway sub-bureau shall be responsible for examining and accepting highway maintenance projects, with one phase acceptance adopted, and shall complete acceptance within 7 days after receiving the acceptance application.
The defects liability period system and the quality guarantee deposit system shall be implemented in the management of maintenance projects. The time limits of highway maintenance project acceptance and defects liability period shall be agreed upon in the contract and shall meet the relevant requirements. The defects liability period for maintenance projects shall be twelve months. The quality guarantee deposit shall be implemented in the form of a bank guarantee, the amount of which shall be no less than 3% of the total contract amount of the maintenance project. In case an organization shall not be exempted from liability, the quality guarantee deposit shall be deducted as appropriate.
Article 53 If a maintenance project fails to pass the acceptance inspection after completion, the construction unit shall bear the maintenance liability, except for projects that have not been accepted within the acceptance time limit without justified reasons. If the maintenance project fails to pass the acceptance inspection, the construction unit shall be responsible for repair. During the defects liability period, if a construction quality problem is found, the construction unit shall perform the warranty obligation and bear the compensation liability for the losses caused thereby.
Article 54 Basis for the examination and acceptance of maintenance projects:
(1) Maintenance project planning documents;
(2) Maintenance project contract;
(3) Design documents and drawings;
(4) Design change documents and drawings;
(5) Written replies of competent administrative departments;
(6) Relevant standards, specifications and regulations for maintenance projects.
Article 55 The examination and acceptance of maintenance projects shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Various items agreed upon in the design documents and the contract have been completed.
(2) All technical files and construction management have been completed, sorted and filed.
(3) The construction unit has passed the self-inspection of project quality in accordance with relevant standards, specifications and regulations.
(4) The project quality defects have been rectified.
(5) The relevant entities involved in the maintenance project have completed work summary reports.
(6) Where supervision or consultation is carried out, the supervision entity has evaluated project quality as qualified.
(7) Where professional tests are required in accordance with the regulations, a testing institution has appraised the project quality and issued a test report.
(8) Other requirements stipulated by laws, regulations and rules.
Article 56 The final accounts of highway maintenance projects shall be compiled by each highway sub-bureau and submitted to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport for review and approval.
Article 57 Upon the acceptance of a highway maintenance project, the relevant highway sub-bureau shall report to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport within one month upon the end of acceptance.
Article 58 Upon the completion and acceptance date of a maintenance project, the relevant highway sub-bureau shall collect relevant data of the project implementation process for archiving within 3 months as required, and properly realize the electronic archiving.
Article 59 After a maintenance project is completed and accepted, the relevant highway sub-bureau shall, during the designed lifetime, collect relevant data of the operation of the project section, including traffic data, pavement distress, highway technical condition, etc., and track and evaluate the construction quality and technical application effect of the maintenance project, and incorporate the evaluation results into the annual maintenance operation report.
Chapter IX Supervision and Management
Article 60 Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall be responsible for establishing a target assessment mechanism for highway maintenance project management, and it shall strengthen the assessment of highway conditions, maintenance quality, and use of maintenance funds of highway maintenance projects. The inspection shall adopt a scoring system and be carried out in two forms: regular inspections and random inspections, and the inspection results shall be announced in time.
After a contract is signed, the relevant highway sub-bureau shall submit the plan for the first performance inspection and project implementation to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport, and the latter shall attend as appropriate.
Problems found during routine spot checks and social complaints shall be dealt with in the form of issuing a special rectification notice and making an announcement depending on the severity.
Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport's supervision and inspection of highway maintenance projects shall include:
(1) Staffing and work implementation of maintenance project management agencies;
(2) Implementation of relevant laws, regulations and standards for maintenance projects;
(3) Preliminary work, plan preparation, maintenance design, construction management and acceptance of maintenance projects;
(4) Management of the quality, safety and environmental protection of maintenance projects.
(5) Implementation of the budget for maintenance projects.
(6) Other relevant matters.
Article 61 Highway sub-bureaus shall regularly check the performance of the organizations as per contract, put forward rectification requirements and punitive measures for problematic maintenance projects, form inspection records, and accept the inspection and supervision of Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport.
Article 62 Each highway sub-bureau's inspection of a maintenance project shall include:
(1) Performance of organizations involved in the maintenance project;
(2) Standardization of implementation and management of the maintenance project;
(3) Progress, quality and safety of the maintenance project;
(4) Operation status of the quality assurance system and work safety assurance system of the organizations;
(5) Measures for civilized construction and environmental protection of the maintenance project.
Article 63 Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport shall be responsible for the management of credit information of the highway maintenance market. It shall establish an information management system and rules for implementation, establish and improve an information management system, and regularly publish records of rewards and punishments and credit evaluation results of the organizations.
Highway sub-bureau shall strengthen the inspection of the organizations involved in highway maintenance projects according to the credit management system and timely report to Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport on the performance of the organizations.
Chapter X Supplementary Provisions
Article 64 The maintenance projects of government-invested (-financed) highways shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements for highway maintenance management.
Article 65 The Measures shall be subject to the interpretations of Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport.
Article 66 The Measures shall come into force as of the date of promulgation.