Jing Guan Fa 〔2020〕 No. 3
To State Grid Beijing Electric Power Company,
In accordance with the relevant state policies and regulations, as well as the actual situation in Beijing, the Detailed Rules of Beijing Municipality for the Management and Control of Electricity Grid Power Supply Reliability (Trial) are hereby formulated, for the purpose of further improving the management and control of electricity grid power supply reliability in Beijing and the management of power failure planning. The Detailed Rules are hereby issued for your compliance and implementation.
Beijing Municipal Commission of City Management
February 21, 2020
(This document is made public.)
Detailed Rules of Beijing Municipality for the Management and Control of Electricity Grid Power Supply Reliability (Trial)
Based on the relevant laws and regulations on the management of state power supply reliability, time of resuming electrical grid power supply, electricity supply services and other basic power supply indicators, the Detailed Rules of Beijing Municipality for the Management and Control of Electricity Grid Power Supply Reliability (Trial) are hereby formulated to ensure the reliability of power supply and improve power supply services in Beijing.
I. The management and control work of power supply reliability
1. The Detailed Rules specify the control and management mode, statistics methods, punishment and awarding standards for power supply reliability indicators.
2. The power supply reliability indicators specified in the Detailed Rules are reviewed, confirmed and released by the national energy supervision authority.
3. The statistics methods for power supply reliability specified in the Detailed Rules are subject to the Standards for Evaluating the Power Supply Reliability of the Power Supply System, Part 1: General Rules (DL/T836.1-2016, (hereinafter referred to as "DL/T836.1-2016") issued by the National Energy Administration and also meet the standards of the IEEE Guide for Electric Power Distribution Reliability Indices (IEEE 1366-2012) issued by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (hereinafter referred to as "IEEE 1366-2012").
4. The Rules shall award and punish those electricity companies by their annual System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) performance according to the following standards;
5. The calculation of system average interruption duration index (SAIDI) is subject to DL/T836.1-2016, specifically:
During the statistics period, time is calculated by annual total hours.
6. The following power interruption shall be excluded from the calculation of system average interruption duration index (SAIDI):
1) Such interruption is less than 3 minutes;
2) Interruption incidents are proposed by users or caused by users internally;
3) Such interruption incidents are recognized by the government authority and meet the requirements of "major event day" defined by IEEE 1366-2012 standards.
II. Safeguarding measures for power supply reliability
1. Power supply reliability safeguarding and service policies formulated by the government shall be strictly implemented; the relevant commitments for high-quality power supply services shall be made and carried out strictly; online and offline service standards shall be publicized in a timely manner and the transparency of the management and service of power supply reliability shall be improved.
2. The review at different levels and comprehensive balance of power interruption plan shall be strengthened. The power interruption schedule shall be optimized. The impacts of scheduled power interruption on users shall be reduced continuously and repeated power interruption shall be avoided.
3. The management and control standards for scheduled power interruption shall be improved. The scope of no power interruption work shall be expanded. The annual average SAIDI and annual frequency of power interruption shall be reduced continuously.
4. The operation and maintenance management of power grid equipment shall be strengthened to timely eliminate the hidden dangers of equipment defects. Faults caused by external construction, tree lines, floating objects and so on shall be reduced, and the reliable power supply capacity of power grid equipment shall be reinforced.
5. The construction of solid smart power grid shall be strengthened. The role of power distribution automation system in rapid positioning, fault isolation and resumption of power supply at non-fault sections shall be fully utilized to minimize the range of power interruption caused by faults and improve the reliability of urban power supply.
6. The construction of the emergency system shall be improved continuously. The coordination with relevant government authorities and various departments shall be consolidated. The preparation of emergency repair personnel and spare parts shall be made in advance so as to effectively improve the emergency response capacity and avoid long-term power failure.