I. The General Office of the People's Government of Beijing Municipality (hereinafter referred to as the General Office of the Municipal Government) is a bureau-level working body of the Municipal Government.
II. The General Office of the Municipal Government implements the guidelines, policies, decisions and arrangements of the CPC Central Committee and the relevant work requirements of the Municipal Party Committee, and adheres to and strengthens the centralized and unified leadership of the Party in performing its duties. Its main responsibilities are as follows:
1. Assisting the leading officials of the Municipal Government in organizing the drafting and reviewing the official documents issued in the name of the Municipal Government and the General Office of the Municipal Government.
2. Studying and researching the matters that the district government, the authorities of the Municipal Government and other institutions have submitted to request instructions from (to discuss with) the Municipal Government, and then putting forward review opinions to the Municipal Government officials for examination and approval. Undertaking the work of handling of the documents from the State Council and the General Office of the State Council.
3. Being responsible for organizing the meetings of the Municipal Government.
4. Being responsible for performing the overall duties of the Municipal Government, and assisting in arranging important government activities for the leading officials of the Municipal Government.
5. Being responsible for overseeing and inspecting the implementation of the normative documents of the State Council. Being responsible for the work ranging from supervision, inspection, coordination to the provision of feedbacks on major decisions, important arrangements, matters agreed upon at key meetings, normative documents, instructions and directions from the leading officials and work assigned by the Municipal Government.
6. Being responsible for performance management and performance appraisal of the municipal administrative organs and district governments.
7. Being responsible for keeping leading officials up to date on important information and social sentiment.
8. Being responsible for performing the liaison work with the People's Congress and the Committee of the CPPCC.
9. Fulfilling other tasks assigned by the Municipal Party Committee and the Municipal Government.