The Municipal Commission of Development and Reform is a constituent authority of the Municipal Government, which is responsible for the overall planning and coordination of the national economic and social development of the city and the comprehensive coordination of the reform of the economic system.
Its main responsibilities are:
1. Implementing the laws, rules and regulations, policies of the state on national economic and social development, economic system reform and opening-up to the world; drafing the relevent local regulations and government regulations of Beijing Municipality and organizing the implementation thereof.
2. Formulating the strategies, medium-and long-term plans and annual plans for national economic and social development of Beijing Municipality and organizing the implementation thereof; following the macro regulation requirements of the state, making overall arrangements on economic and social development, studying and putting forward the objectives, policies and measures for economic and social development and economic structural adjustment, and offering suggestions on comprehensive use of various means of macro regulation; and reporting to the Municipal People's Congress on Beijing's national economic and social development plans and their implementation as delegated by the Municipal Government.
3. Monitoring national economy situation and social development status in Beijing, undertaking the prediction and early alarm and information guide work, studying such major issues as macroeconomic operation and aggregate balance.
4. Summarizing and analyzing the city's fiscal, financial and other situations in Beijing Municipality, participating in formulating fiscal policies, financial policies and land policies; studying and proposing suggestions on the reform of the investment and financing systems and organizing the implementation thereof; working cohesively with other authorities to develop the financing plans for the major projects of the government.
5. Undertaking the responsibility of guiding, promoting and comprehensively coordinating Beijing's economic system reform; studying major issues of economic system reform, organizing the formulation of comprehensive economic system reform programs, and coordinating relevant special economic system reform programs; guiding and coordinating the pilot work of economic system reform; studying major issues about the reform and development of various development zones and coordinating the implementation of relevant policies.
6. Undertaking the responsibility of planning key construction projects and the allocation of productive forces in the municipality; working out the targets, policies and measures for the control of the fixed assets investment and the investment structure in the whole society, and linking and balancing the special plans needing investment from the Municipal Government or involving key construction projects; drawing up the fixed asset investment, medium- and long-term plans of key projects and annual implementation plans in the whole society in Beijing, making overall arrangements for the finance construction funds in the municipality, and organizing the formulation and implementation of the investment plans of the Municipal Government; examining and approving, verifying and approving, reviewing or reporting fixed assets investment and construction projects, foreign-invested projects and overseas investment projects within the authority stipulated by the State or the Municipal Government; guiding the orientation of non-governmental investment, studying and proposing strategies, plans and relevant policies for foreign capital utilization and overseas investment; guiding the development of engineering consulting industry; guiding and coordinating the bidding work of Beijing Municipality.
7. Making overall planning and comprehensive coordination of industrial development, and promoting the strategic adjustment of Beijing's economic structure; organizing the formulation of comprehensive industrial policies, supervising and inspecting the implementation of the policies and putting forward relevant policy suggestions, being responsible for coordinating major issues in the development of primary, secondary and tertiary industries and linking and balancing relevant development plans and major policies, and doing a good job in linking and balancing with national economic and social development plans and programs; coordinating major issues of agricultural and rural economic and social development; coordinating and promoting the development of the service industry, and formulating the strategies, plans, and major policies for the development of the service industry in conjunction with relevant authorities; working out the strategies and plans for the development of the modern logistics industry in collaboration with relevant authorities; organizing the formulation of strategies, plans and major policies for the development and industrial technological progress of the high-tech industries, promoting the industrialization of major scientific and technological achievements, and coordinating major issues in the promotion and application of major scientific and technological infrastructure and major technical equipment.
8. Organizing the formulation of strategies, plans and major policies for coordinated regional development and urban functional areas, and studying and putting forward development strategies and policy measures to promote the integration of urban and rural areas; organizing and coordinating regional cooperation, and being responsible for the support and assistance to counterpart organizations.
9. Assuming the responsibility of maintaining the aggregate balance of important commodities and exercising macro control in Beijing Municipality, studying and analyzing the domestic and foreign market situations, and putting forward policies and measures to expand consumption and promote the development of foreign trade; being responsible for balancing the import and export demand of important agricultural products, industrial products and raw materials, and coordinating the implementation of import and export plans for grain and cotton according to the prescribed authority.
10. Undertaking the responsibility of price management in Beijing Municipality; being responsible for monitoring and analyzing the price operation, and furnishing relevant policies and suggestions on price reform; formulating and adjusting the prices of important commodities and important charging standards administered by the Municipal Government according to the law, and organizing the implementation thereof; supervising and inspecting the implementation of the price policies and putting forward relevant policy suggestions; guiding and coordinating the price supervision work of the relevant authorities of the Municipal Government and the District and County Governments.
11. Being responsible for linking the social development polices and the national economic development policies, and organizing the formulation of strategies, overall plans and annual plans for social development; participating in the formulation of the development policies for population and family planning, science and technology, education, culture, health, civil affairs and so forth, promoting the building of social undertakings, participating in the study and proposal of policy recommendations on the promotion of employment, adjustment of income distribution and improvement of the coordinated development of social security and economy, and coordinating the major issues concerning the development and reform of social undertakings.
12. Being responsible for organizing the formulation of Beijing's strategies and medium- and long-term plans for the development of infrastructure and coordinating the implementation thereof; studying and analyzing the development situations of comprehensive transportation, water resources, landscaping and other infrastructure, and making relevant policy recommendations; coordinating the investment in State infrastructure projects of in Beijing, such as those of the civil aviation and railway.
13. Promoting the strategy of sustainable development, involved in the preparation of Beijing's general land use plan and land supply plan; being responsible for Beijing's comprehensive coordination of energy conservation and emission reduction; organizing the formulation of plans, policies and measures for the development of circular economy and the conservation and comprehensive utilization of energy resources in the whole society, and coordinating the implementation thereof; participating in the formulation of plans for ecological construction and environmental protection, coordinating the major issues of ecological construction, conservation of energy and resources and comprehensive utilization; making comprehensive coordination of the work related to the energy conservation and environmental protection industries and promotion of clean production, and organizing the implementation of energy conservation supervision and assessment.
14. Being responsible for organizing the formulation of Beijing's strategies and medium- and long-term plans for energy development and coordinating the implementation thereof and coordinating the implementation; linking up the total energy balance; monitoring and analyzing the energy operation and proposing relevant policy suggestions; coordinating major issues of energy development and ensuring urban energy operation.
15. Being responsible for organizing the formulation of Beijing's national economic and equipment mobilization programs and plans; studying the relationship between national economic and equipment mobilization and national economy and national defense construction, and coordinating relevant major issues; being responsible for organizing the implementation of the work related to national economic and equipment mobilization.
16. Being responsible for studying and proposing Beijing's population control strategy and formulating the demographic policy; being responsible for comprehensive coordination of regulation and control work, and drawing up the medium- and long-term program and annual plan for population control and organizing the implementation thereof; being responsible for the study of major population issues, offering policy recommendations on the coordinated and sustainable development of population and economy, society, resources and environment, and offering policy recommendations on the coordination and promotion of a long-term balanced demographic development.
17. Undertaking other tasks assigned by the Municipal Government.